Thursday 3 March 2016

Alcohol – statistics


Alcoholism has been the biggest addiction among young people for years. Drinking alcohol by teenagers, even at harmful levels to adults, can seriously disrupt their lives and development processes. Alcohol consumption interferes with the ability to learn, memory and logical reasoning. It is a source of learning difficulties and interferes with further education and career.
In our survey, approx. 80% of the students below the age of 18 said they drank or at least tried alcoholic beverages. They drink the most often the high-proof substances like vodka.  Almost 90% of respondents have no problem with getting alcohol. Alcohol is sold virtually with no restrictions. Thus, the provisions for the sale of alcohol to minors are violated. They usually drink for fun, for relaxation. However, many young people drink because they do not want to stand out among their peers. In many cases, not wanting to be ridiculed, young people cannot refuse to drink alcohol, which has become an integral part of social events.
Drinking alcohol in itself is not dangerous. Problems begin only when we lose control over its consumption. Young people try to pretend to be adults. They think that their behaviour is mature and awakens the admiration of their peers. However, such people should all be helped to raise their self-esteem, inspire a sense of security, train assertiveness.

We have carried out a questionnaire among Polish teenagers. Here are its results.





Our stories
Sofia:
I was 15 years old, when I started drinking. It was in the summer 2014, my friends and I went down to a place called Kongens Gården (The Kings garden). Many of my friends came there and many from the neighbor school as well. In the beginning I was only allowed to drink 2 items for my mother. And I stayed out to 12 o’clock, which was kind of cool for me back then.
Now I often go to parties with my friends and I stay out later than 12 o’clock and my mother doesn't check-up on me more, she trust me and thats is nice.
I like drinking, I think it’s a nice way to hang out with friends. Lucky I can control myself and I know my limit.

Emilia:
I started drinking when i was 14 years old. The first time was with some friends from my school. My friend had birthday and me and some other friends was invited. My mom said that I only should drink 3 items that evening, but I couldn’t hold that. After 2 items I could feel it in my body, but it was just fun so i kept drinking. I haven’t hangover the day after.

Now i drinking around 2 times a month, sometimes more, sometimes less than 2 times. My mom trust me, so she doesn't check-up me more, which she did in start. I love hanging with my friends at the parties, and you see some friends you haven’t seen in long time.




                                                 When did you started drinking ?



In Denmark it’s normal to drink and many started when they was 15 years old. Some start before or later.



Over 50% of your questionnaire is drinking 2 times at mouth.

How much do you drink at a party?



As you can see, people drinks 4 items at least.

People at your age drink because their do it and they think that it’s nice and fun. We agree with them. It can be nice to drink at a party and go crazy,  but also it’s nice to enjoy a glass of Wine with good food and some good friends.

0 komentarze :

Post a Comment